Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hey! Get to Blog Writing!

Hey folks! Don't forget that we are now entering our third week of class. You should be writing on your blogs more often and commenting on other people's blogs. Don't forget that blogs count as 20% of your grade and that if you do the minimum amount of work I'll give you an average grade (2.0). If you're looking for something higher than average, be sure to remain an active blogger throughout the week! If you've started to write more specifically about a possible topic, make sure to check your comments. I did leave some comments on some of the newest blog entries this week.

I also wanted to share a clip from youtube with you. This is Merle Travis singing, "Sixteen Tons," a song dedicated to mine workers and the hard life that they endure. I actually titled my dissertation after the song and found the lyrics to be very relevant to what I found in my own research of mineworkers.

Don't forget that cultural sources like music can become an important research source for your paper topic (think back to the important role it played in Harlan County).

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I love this song, and I actually had to sing it for my music class in grade school!

    ReplyDelete