Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to Section 005 of History 201 - Workers and Their Communities. I'm really looking forward to working with each of you as you create your research projects!

For your first assignment, I would like you to create a blog of your own. When you have the web address for your blog, please send it to me (sulli294@msu.edu) so that I can add it to my blog roll. Your blog will be your journal as you build ideas for your project, locate interesting findings in your research, and begin the writing process. Your audience for this blog will mainly be your fellow students (although I'll be reading and writing along with everyone). If you are having problems in the research process, feel free to talk about them on your blog. Chances are, other students are having the same problems. If you've found a collection that could potentially be useful to other students, feel free to share it. It's up to each one of you to keep our community of bloggers active and interested! Don't forget to respond to your classmates' posts, as well.

For your first entry, I will give you more specific directions:
I would like you to discuss what area, time period, and/or subjects in history are most interesting to you and why. If you haven't thought about an area of history that could be interesting, now is the time to start! If you are able to provide me and your classmates with some idea of your interests, then we may be able to provide you with a better research topic!

Please also let us know what your major is (if you have one) and what year of study you are currently in. Finally, what is your experience with history? Textbooks? Archives? Other college courses?

No comments:

Post a Comment